Dust and Computers (cases)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboxchaz

In Runtime
When buying a case, what kind can i look for that provides no or minimal dust flow inside the case? The current computer I have right now is buried in dust (not literally).

If having no dust is impossible, how often should i spray that anti-dust air spray thingy inside my computer?

The best thing to do for your computer being dusty is to get a vacuum hose, turn it on and get a very soft, animal hair paint brush and kick the dust up w/ the brush and suck it up w/ the vacuum.

I think people recomend once a month if your puter is sitting on the floor. I don't know if the kind of case matters though. You want a lot of air moving in your case. That pulls in the dust. I don't know if 80 mm fans are worst than 120 mm fans or not.

One way to prevent dust is putting filters on your intake fans.
As far as how often to blow it out it depends on how dusty if gets. I blow mine out with compressed air every two weeks and and give it a really thorough cleaning every month and a half to two months. I clean off the fins on my CPU cooler and make sure there is not dust in my fans and things like that. I might be a little anal about it though, just clean it when and how much it looks like it needs it.

I built my computer on Christmas day, and I just installed a soundcard the other day. I gave it a good cleaning out, so thats been just around 3 months, my temps were not rising any, but I did still blow out quite abit of dust....I'm thinking for me 3-4 times a year should do it.

If i ever open it up for any reason, i would blow it out however.

I just don't want to move it if I don't have too...it's HEAVY :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom