Xp Pro Activation Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplechords

Baseband Member
Hello-
I turned on my computer last night, and out of now where to told me that i needed to activate windows. I was given the pc a year ago from a freind( he bought it at best buy, and I've never had this problem. I tried to activate it online and it failed. I then called microsoft and they told me it wasn't a legit copy.

Is there anything i can do. I'm a poor college student, and i really can't afford to buy a new copy of windows. I also realy don't want to reinstall. The computer does let me into safe mode. Is there anything i can do to get rid of the activation?

Hello-
I turned on my computer last night, and out of now where to told me that i needed to activate windows. I was given the pc a year ago from a freind( he bought it at best buy, and I've never had this problem. I tried to activate it online and it failed. I then called microsoft and they told me it wasn't a legit copy.

Is there anything i can do. I'm a poor college student, and i really can't afford to buy a new copy of windows. I also realy don't want to reinstall. The computer does let me into safe mode. Is there anything i can do to get rid of the activation?

call microsoft and tell them the xp was a reinstall, then tell them that is was bought from best buy and you used the reinstall cd to install xp. Say it is only used on one computer and that you need to reactivate because a virus messed up the comp and you had to reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom