Got a question about an Acer Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Alright. You don't have to be a PC GAMER FANATIC to want to build a system that is literally double the CPU power..double the ram...a better card and whatnot. You should know that you will get a far better desktop computer and overall performance this way.

As for a "low-profile" 7600GS I wouldn't worry as they aren't that big at all and would fit in a case such as this if you decide to get one.

Newegg.com - AMS CF-1089BK Black Steel / Plastic MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case - Retail

The Acer will do you if that's all you need. Add the extra RAM and it will run it. The 6150 is actually a sutprising chipset. A guy at work plays Civ4 on his.

Building your own is fun (which you know), but not always necessary. If the Acer meets your requirements, I say go for it. You can always add on to it down the road.

The Acer will do you if that's all you need. Add the extra RAM and it will run it. The 6150 is actually a sutprising chipset. A guy at work plays Civ4 on his.

Building your own is fun (which you know), but not always necessary. If the Acer meets your requirements, I say go for it. You can always add on to it down the road.

ok, but any opinions on the Shuttle?

yes they come with motherboard and PSU, only problem that i can come up with is that they are propriatory (spelling?).

ok, so heres what i got so far (on a side note)

Athlon X2 3600+ (budget i know, but will do for my needs)
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - OEM

ASUS M2NPV-VM Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX
Newegg.com - ASUS M2NPV-VM Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Kingston ValueRAM 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667
Newegg.com - Kingston ValueRAM 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

LG Black 18X DVD+R
Newegg.com - LG Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE Super-Multi DVD Burner - OEM

video card (undecided)

Case (undecided)

I dont need an HD cause i can reuse the one i have now and i dont need a PSU as i have a rather modern one (Thermaltake 430w)

Eh, the Shuttle is a VIA chipset... not that great. Only has a 250W PSU.

Your components look good.

Here's a case to check out:
Newegg.com - APEVIA X-QPACK-BK/420 Black Aluminum 1.0 w/ ABS plastic front panel MicroATX Desktop Computer Case ATX 420W power supply Power Supply - Retail

As for video card, a 7600 would be more than enough for what you have said.

Sry, not a big fan of the q-packs, what about the (Antec?) Aria? I like the looks of it but, if i cant find anything that is good i will just get this

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 RC-534-SKN2-GP Black / Silver Aluminum & Mesh bezel / SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

oh and about the video card, what about this? i've been wanting to give ATI a try

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-RX165256D-RH Radeon X1650 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom