disk check on boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigmaster

Solid State Member
my computer seems to be doing some errors while booting up. Whenever I boot it up it will do one of two things; It will get to right before the windows splash screen, where there is a _ in the top left, and just sit there for a few seconds then nothing will happen after that. It will just be a blank screen. The other boot is, it will get past the windows splash screen and say there are inconsistencies on my I drive and run CHDSK on it. I shut it down every time. And my I drive is just a storage drive. My C drive has all of my windows stuff on it. After it checks the stuff it boots regularly.

If you have a Windows XP disc (or whatever OS you are using), put it in the optical drive and boot from it. After it loads up, press "R" for the "Recovery Console". Type in "chkdsk /r" (without the quotation marks), and let it run. It will most likely say "Chkdsk has found errors on the volume and repaired them" or something to that nature, run it again until it doesn't say that anymore. If the problem keeps occuring, you might have a bad hard drive.

In your BIOS there is an option to enable or disable a option called smartdrive.This checks your hard drive every bot. you can disable it and it should stop doing this.But you still may need a new hard drive..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom