help with overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_mapn00b

Solid State Member
I recently bought a 5200+ (I didn't get core 2 as I was already invested in AM2) and I currently have it running at around 3.1ghz. Now I don't really know what I'm doing, and I have the voltage at 1.6v. The average temperature is about 47 degrees celcius, I am using a zalman cooler. Is the voltage too high or is it alright to be at this level?

All chips are different so it really depends however I think you should lower the voltage and see if it's stable lower becuase that's quite high I think. I know for C2D it is but i've never OC'd an X2 so you'll have to ask like Nagasama or someone who has.

Use CPU Burn-in or Prime95 to check it for stability. If it doesn't crash after a 24/7 test, its good to go.

turn down your Vcore...1.6 is quite high I think. It should work with lower man. You want under 60 degrees usually.

with a zalman and that chip you shouldn't be getting those temps at that ghz so I'm telling you that turning down your Vcore will probably work and keep you at the same speed. Turn it down and try again :p

with a zalman and that chip you shouldn't be getting those temps at that ghz so I'm telling you that turning down your Vcore will probably work and keep you at the same speed. Turn it down and try again :p

i wouldn't make that assumption. he just said he had a "Zalman" cooler with no indication of what model. however i agree, turn down the voltage and see if it is stable at a lower vcore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom