Please Help... ASAP - BUILD

Status
Not open for further replies.

forlorn_ronin

In Runtime
Just put together the most excellent system I ever built. An SLI rig with the following components:

evga 680i sli mobo
4gb gskill ram
dual core conroe pentium
armor case with tons of fans
(2) 8800gtx nvidia cards sli

So all connected... cables go where needed and all in its right place inside. I turn it on.. all goes well and then 5 seconds after boot.. a loud noise comes from the board. Sounds like an alarm. Don't think it's heat got this thing cooled to the max. The code that comes up on the board is 7f which means = Check POST error and display them and ask for user intervention. I don't know what this means or if it has anything to do with the loud consistent alarm coming from the mobo. Please help I want to get this beast up and running.

I will open her up again tonight to check the connections but I doubt its that. The power supply is more than sufficient a nice high end 750 w supplyin over 60amps. Model Number: PC Power and Cooling 750 QUAD silencer cost over $200. Any other ideas? What about the mobo code what does it mean>?

If its one long beep it is most likely a video problem. Make sure you have all 4 PCI Express cables connected to the card as well as the extra power to the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom