Memory or Mobo help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbo0485

Solid State Member
Hi, I registered here a long time ago, but never really used the forums. I just read in here.

Anyways i have an older system that i built myself, built in 2004 but have since revamped it. I currently have a DFI LanParty Pro 875B board, with a P4 2.8ghz oc'd to 3.4, 320 gb WD Caviar SATA 16mb cache hdd, and 2 gigs of dual channel OCZ Platinum 2-3-2-5 CL2.5 ram.

I have not had any problems until i got that new ram. I have worked on it for a week now or so, but i came to the conclusion that while switching my ram i either messed up my memory bank somehow, or that my ram is bad. But anyways, i'll be playing Counter strike source for about 40 minutes and then BOOM, completely freezes. My headphones play some weird noises over and over, and then i can't do anything, ctrl-alt-del doesn't work, i can't soft restart the computer, i have to shut it down by holding the power button for 5 seconds. However, it only does this when i have the two gigs set up in dual channel, when i remove the stick that is in the 3rd bay and pair it with the first stick so i have the ram in bay 1-2, and run the computer in single channel mode, it doesn't happen.

Any advice on how to fix this? And can i run dual channel in bays 2-4? I haven't tried that yet, but it may do something if i can.

Thanks for your help,
Chris

Is your ram at the right voltage/timings? 2-3-3-5 is CL2 not 2.5

Check that the fans are working correctly and check the temperatures also.

Is your ram at the right voltage/timings? 2-3-3-5 is CL2 not 2.5

Check that the fans are working correctly and check the temperatures also.

it's 2-3-2-5 not 2-3-3-5. The temp is fine because it doesn't freeze at any other time when im in single channel.

:(, no one out there with any ideas or any clue as to what might have happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom