Drivers for 8800gts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hello all, probably a pretty big noob question, but I have a new 8800gts 640mb and when I went to the Nvidia website I was a bit confused, is the windows xp and media center all one driver? I just want to get the correct drive for XP Pro :)

Also, Would the latest drivers on the Nvidia website be my best bet for compatibility and performance or would I want to look into beta drivers or drivers found elsewhere?

Thanks for any help :)

Thanks, Apok. Which drivers would you recommend? At this point, I'd like to just use whatever you consider the most stable and compatible with games, both current and older. :)

Well i use the nVidia 100.64 (I think) driver from their site for my card. They have worked good for me. They are not totally flawless as nVidia is still working out some of the bugs with them. But the 100 series is the best ones out so far.

Thanks, Apok. Which drivers would you recommend? At this point, I'd like to just use whatever you consider the most stable and compatible with games, both current and older. :)
The most stable would be the 100.95 drivers

I often use tweaked drivers, but the 8800 series doesn't have a wide selection of drivers yet (the tweaked drivers are especially limited) so for my 8800, I have only been using unmodified drivers so far.

Though I'd like to see a tweaked 100.XX driver sometime.

Thanks, download the 100.95 drivers now and excited to test out the new card. Should be better then my 7900GT with defective video ram. That wasn't pretty hehe

I think that 8800 use the same driver for media center and XP home/pro
ForceWare Windows XP/Media Center Edition

Well i use the nVidia 100.64 (I think) driver from their site for my card. They have worked good for me. They are not totally flawless as nVidia is still working out some of the bugs with them. But the 100 series is the best ones out so far.

You are talking about vista. The latest version for XP is 97.92

And for vista the latest version is 100.65, not 100.64
Windows Vista 32-bit

Okay so the latest are 100.65. If you notice what i said in the (parenteces) i said i think. Which means i wasnt sure. Yes i did only include Vista as there was never anything said as to which OS was being used. Even Apok talked manily about Vista drivers.:p

I think that 8800 use the same driver for media center and XP home/pro
ForceWare Windows XP/Media Center Edition

You are talking about vista. The latest version for XP is 97.92
No, I'm not talking about Vista.
The 100.XX drivers are for XP
drivers.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom