Any good flight sim games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
Anyone know some good flight simulator games for PC, something that has more modern jet fighters not only the WWII planes.

Yep it is, but you sure need a super L33T pc to play Flight Sim X at any respectable settings. :p.

I wish they made Ace Combat ports for PC, that would be awesome. The Playstation's controls are just not realistic.

If you want a VERY realistic simulator that doesnt quite come with all the eye candy... X-plane. Great Great program, my family owns several airplanes so i believe i have an extra appreciation for the realism of it. And an unbelievable amount of airports, there are peoples' private grass runways that they mow in a field on there even. And fun little games like flying a waterbomber and flying to forest fires to put them out. Incredibly realistic and thorough as well as carrying a great price for such an advanced piece of software. It also comes with a utility to design your own planes and even design airfoils. It is in fact so realistic, that it's sanctioned by the FAA for a small portion of flight trainging and aircraft manufacturers have used the airfoil and aircraft design software to do an enormous amount of flight testing on concepts. Check it out:
X-Plane, by Austin Meyer

Edit: And i dont know what the demo is like but im sure it cant hurt to check it out!

I don't want the commercial jet kind of crap. Flying games are boring enough. I want something so I can train myself before I buy one of those RC Gas Turbine Airplanes. They're like 1000 bucks, and I don't want to crash it on the first run.

EDIT: I played some games like that on Xbox/PS2 a long time ago in the store. They were pretty cool, you got to bomb ships and all that. Can't remember the names of any of the games, so I need some help like that.

Its not comercial jet kinda crap as you say, in fact, it has R/C airplanes built into the game... and if you want an R/C simulator game, Great Planes RealFlight G3.5 w/InterLink Plus Mode 2

And this game is essentially like FSX except for a few little goodies MS throws in, but you get the true to life realism with X-plane. And you can fly tons of things, including a space shuttle, you can go into space, or fly on mars, with loaded mars physics based on its atmosphere and other conditions.

EDIT- And i would HIGHLY suggest you start with an R/C trainer, those are difficult enough to start with, i know, i have one. R/C turbine powered jets are one of the more difficult things you could think of to try without ever doing something like that before. Now you didnt mention if you have ever flown one before, im just assuming by what you said that you havent.

n00bs.

If you're willing yo use windows 98, flight sims were pretty much the only good games besides half life that were released.

For realism:
Falcon 4.0 Allied force
f-15
F/A-18
USAF

for just over the topness, Check out anything made by Novalogic:
F-22 Raptor
F16 MRF
MiG-29 Fulcrum
Comanche 4

there's a whole bunch' others that I just can't remember off the top of my head, and i'm not going to spend the time to go looking for you unless you have no fingers and are incapable of using google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom