4x512mb=1gb? oh dear

Status
Not open for further replies.
quite amusing, i thought i knew everything. i picked up another matched pair of BH-5 UTT sticks (Geil Ultra-X) to add to the pair of 2x512mb sticks i already had (OCZ Gold EL). now the problem is not that they are being downclocked and not that they aren't running in dual channel as i have confirmed they are running in dual channel and i changed the Command Rate to 2T to avoid running DDR333. the sticks are detected as only totalling 1GB in both Linux and Windows. i have also tried shifting the sticks into single channel and trying 3 sticks at a time, this results in the PC stalling during post. CPU-Z does detect that there are 4 sticks, with the #SPD table data on each and detects the total as 2GB.

so which do i believe? are Linux and Windows lying to me or have i missed something in configuration?

Try using each stick by itself to make sure the RAM itself isn't the problem. I would then add each stick one at a time if they all work by themselves.

maybe those 2 brands hate each other :)

thats why when it comes to upgrading RAM i usually buy exact matching RAM so i get no problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom