tick tick tock

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah thats probably the problem it has gotten very hot in the past and doesnt have an exaust fan on the back just the one fan inside the case

The psu came with the case i figured i would had to have replace it a long time ago suprising it's held up untill now.

It came with the aspire x-qpack i had read some reviews on it saying failure of psu. so i guess ill go buy a new one :/

any suggestions on a m-atx psu that fits in an aspire x-qpack?

my specs are as follows:
pentium D 2.5/o.c. 3.2
nvidia 512mb 6800 agp extra's enabled
1 gig kingston hyper x pc3200
160g sata hdd
soundblaster audigy

looking at this psu
Newegg.com - Athena Power AP-MP4ATX40 MicroATX Ver 2.2 400W Power Supply 115/230 V cUL,UL, TUV, CB, CE - Retail

short as possible would be a plus since i have a full sized cd drive and not a micro one :D

anyone know of athena's reliability?

id really like to keep it under 50 dollars since i just dished out 80 for the hdd

on the plus side i can salvage the fan from the psu and mod it into the side of the acryllic on the case :D

looking at this psu
Newegg.com - Athena Power AP-MP4ATX40 MicroATX Ver 2.2 400W Power Supply 115/230 V cUL,UL, TUV, CB, CE - Retail
short as possible would be a plus since i have a full sized cd drive and not a micro one :D
on the plus side i can salvage the fan from the psu and mod it into the side of the acryllic on the case :D

you should first read the review of that PSu:
Noisy, bad fans

PCBuilder on 2/11/2007

Pros: Power supply itself works fine, has alot of connectors.
Cons: Fans are poor quality. Shortly after installation of the PSU both fans (the one in the front and back) started to "rattle" some. The sound is like bad bearings or something rubbing against the blades, but there isn't. Since it's both fans I believe this isn't just a slip through QC.

What you said about removing the fan from the old PSU to your case...well your going to have to hot wire both cables to a power source from either a different fan or ur new PSU. which i dont recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom