problem with defrag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teufel

Baseband Member
i have a HD of 160g partotioned in C:,D:,E: and F:.
i can defrag C: and D: but when i tried to defrag E: and F: it says that it was detected that the command CHKDSK was planned for that volume(same thing for both,E: and F:) and that i should execute chkdsk /f.
i have to say that the first time i defrag D:,it said the same thing.i did execute chedsk /f.after that i could defrag D:,but it did not change nothing for E: and F:.always says ''detected that the command CHKDSK was planned for that volume. execute chkdsk /f.''
can somebody tell me hot to fix that?
thanks

Right click on the drive in my computer. Under proterties go to system tools. In there you will see the option to check disc. Run that and see what it comes up with. A reboot might be necessary.

Also might want to google for O&O Defrag. It is a much better defrag application that the built in Windows one. That along with Diskeeper.

Right click on the drive in my computer. Under proterties go to system tools. In there you will see the option to check disc. Run that and see what it comes up with. A reboot might be necessary.

Also might want to google for O&O Defrag. It is a much better defrag application that the built in Windows one. That along with Diskeeper.

+1 on O&O and Diskeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom