Guess what? Another new build thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all seems good and compatible.

About memory, there are many options. I recommend Corsair and OCZ mainly, but G.Skill, Patriot, Mushkin, Crucial are also very good choices. I see you have money, so I'd recommend this OCZ Platinum Revision DDR2-800 4-4-4-15. You can also get faster memory, ie: DDR2-900 or DDR2-1000, but you'll have to overclock your system a bit to benefit from the extra speed.

Also, when I saw that huge monitor you plan on buying, I feared its native resolution might be too much for an 8800GTS 320MB. Fortunately (for you), I was wrong. I searched some reviews on the web, and found it's more than capable of running BF2142, for instance, at 1600x1200 with max settings. The system they used was an E6600 with a P5W-DH and 2GB of OCZ RAM at 900Mhz, very similar to what you're getting.

A very nice decision, in my opinion. Same resolution, slightly smaller size and $100 off. The 8800GTS 320MB should have no problem running games on that monitor. It really is a monster.

I suggest G.Skill for ram. G.skill is the best in terms of Price/performance today and no one can argue this either. Get any model of G.Skill DDR2-800 and you will be fine. However the G.Skill NR, HK, and HZ model are just awesome.

For a motherboard the P5B Deluxe is a good board but the P5B-E has just about the same features, overclocks better, and is actually cheaper.

Western Digital are good but still today Seagate's 7200.10 drives are just awesome and more reliable.

That monitor is expensive and honestly I prefer the Acer Office line for around $280 as it's a great monitor and saves money; however Samsung make some of the best monitors and in no way is that a bad a choice.

corsair isnt really known for its psu's try an antec..... I love that monitor ive got a VX2245WM the bigger brother it is an incredible monitor looks great on or off.

Matt

corsair isnt really known for its psu's try an antec.....
Matt

Corsair PSU's are in the highest bracket out there. The 520 and 620HX are among two of the best PSU's you can purchase today...excellent choice on going with one.

Antec actually fall below Corsair. Antec's PSU's are good but definitely not the best. I don't even recommend Antec anymore becuase there are better for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom