one program, two computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
I have a piece of software that is currently installed on "computer 1" This software has a database of customer information. What i am doing is setting up a second workstation and would like this computer, "computer 2" to access the data on computer one. I have shared the hard drive on computer 1 and am able to access it from computer 2 as well as having it mapped as a network drive. I have also installed the software onto computer 2. I am not sure this is necessary however. I guess i dont really know where to go from here. I have tried creating a shortcut from the executable on computer 1 with the target and the start in sections the same on both computer (changing the drive letter on computer 2 to the mapped drive letter). this however did not work. any help would be great

Okay what is it exactly you are trying to do. Run the application from #1 PC from #2 or what? I dont get exactly what it is you are trying to accomplish here.

Yes i want both computers to be able to access the data that is stored on computer number 1 through the software.

So does this application allow you to save the work? If so then jsut save it to the shared folder. YHou said you isntalled it on both machines, so as long as you can open the save file from either machine and work with it everything should be just fine.

As least from what i am gathering of what you are trying to do here. I can access all my files from within my shared folder on my network fo 4 machines. So i dont see why you cant do it with 2.:freak: :rolleyes:

When you mapped the drive, you can go into that directory and find the exe and right click, send to, desktop create shortcut. Is this what you did? Or are you trying to create a shortcut to the exe on the shared drive on computer1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom