Best Cpu Cooler for E6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go with thermalright. I am waiting for mine :) to arrive. Tuniq is too heavy and a little more noisier. Same price though.

Actually the Gemini is the best I'm pretty sure.

However...the a lapped TT120 with AS5 is still very awesome.

Or the BT lapped is amazing too...

I think its called the Gemini II...Gemini something...too lazy to look it up.

If you're willing to spend $70, why not just up it a little and get water cooling? Water cooling is still the best way to go. It's space saving as far as crap being loaded onto the motherboard bolts and stuff on the CPU. It's also safe, being that most liquids for liquid cooling is completley non electrically conductive or corrosive, and will not harm your computer at all if there happened to be a leak or any kind of accedent.

For $100 on NewEgg you can get a Thermaltake Bigwater SE for the E6600. Although cheap, it will work. The pump will most likley quit by about 8 months, but if you save up every week (8 months times 4 weeks equals 32 weeks, meaning if you saved 2 or 3 dollars a week, you could by the top of the line pump which is all that needs upgrading in the BW SE. (Unless you want to go with a better radiator of course...)

I was originally going to go with either a Scyth or an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro with AS5, but decided to spend a few more bucks and get the BW SE. I get my whole system tomorrow morning via UPS which I'm happy about, so I'll let you guys know.

But in my honest opinion, depending on the mobo, I would go with liquid. If you have a high end mobo like the striker (which with the new BIOS ver. it's pretty stable (As of Apr. 6th 2007) you will be able to OC that thing pretty far, and liquid cooling would be your best route. For lower clocks in OCing, I would recomend the Gemini as Sora said.

Water-cooling is too much work... You have to find space for the radiator, pump, probably drill holes in your case for the tubes, have to check on it all the time to make sure its not leaking or anything etc. especially when you use budget parts since you don't actually get that much more performance. Not worth it imo.

I wouldn't say it's space saving either. Sure you don't have that huge tower on the CPU but you have the rad, pump, resorvoir, and all the tubing to worry about.

Well, the radiator mounts on the back of the case, the tubing runs down into one of the expansion slots on your case (TT provides a shield like plate so there are 3 holes, 2 for intake and output hoses, and a third for wiring). The pump can sit at the bottom of your case, which with my Thermaltake Armor, there is plenty of room. The resivior (sp?) sits in any one of my 11 drive bays, neatly tucked away. The tubing looks awesome since the liquid inside is UV reactive and doesn't look cluttery at all if you manage it right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom