I'm using SpeedFan3.2, result is ...

Temp1 : 52C
Temp2: 34C
Temp3: 52C
Temp: 3C
HD0: 35C
Temp1: 31C
Core: 56C ( What is this CPU??)

My cpu is AMD Athlon64 2800+ (socket is 754).

TQ

Anything above 50°C is pretty hot for AMD's. Are you overclocking then? If so, I would lower your CPU voltage a bit. If not then you might want to look at better cooling or a better case. You could live with these temps, but you are greatly reducing the lifespan of your parts as heat is the single biggest cause of hardware failure.

Max temp for cores on the socket is 70c so you're comfortably within the limits. Although it is a little warmer than you might expect I really wouldn't worry (thats assuming this is a load temp, if thats an idle temp then you really want to do something). If you feel like doing something about it then probably the biggest single thing you can to without getting a new cooler (good luck for that socket!) is to blow the dust out of your current heatsink.

I wouldnt worry at all. My dads pc is an Atlon 3200+ it runs at 71 Degrees C at Idle... im not sure what its like understress. But he's had no probs and he ahsnt runed it of fin over a year now.

I wouldnt worry at all. My dads pc is an Atlon 3200+ it runs at 71 Degrees C at Idle... im not sure what its like understress. But he's had no probs and he ahsnt runed it of fin over a year now.
OMG...that's 159.8°F. Pretty **** close to boiling your CPU. I would never run a CPU that hot...lol.

That does seem pretty hot for a CPU. If you don't want to get a new cooler, you might want to get some Arctic Silver 5. This is the thermal compound that sits between the CPU heat spreader and the heat sink to conduct heat away from the CPU core.

I just re-built a computer for a friend (well, still in the process, software issues...) and it has a Socket 754 CPU. I accidentally got an OEM CPU without realizing it, so I went to micro-center and got a CPU cooler by Antec that was about $20. It is near silent, and does the trick pretty well. It is a little larger than the OEM HSF, and has an 80mm fan that sits vertically next to the Heat sink. If I can remember by the time I get home from work, I will see if I can post up some idle/load temps for you.

EDITHere is the HSF I got for my friends PC..... Antec.com - Solution Series
It's actually CHEAPER through Newegg... Newegg.com - Antec 0761345-77099-6 70mm Ball Performance CPU Cooler - Retail and my bad, it is a 70mm fan, not 80mm./EDIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom