Graphics card Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice list, it will be helpful. Well, to others anyway, I've almost already decided what card I want to get. I'll be building a computer sometime in the coming months I hope (just need to start job hunting again) and I was thinking about getting an eVGA 8800GTS. A friend told me today that not many games will even be using DX10 capabilities this year so I reconsidered my choice. Is there really any reason I should get a DX10 this year or would a X1950XTX do me just fine? And if I do get a X1950XTX, which one should I get?

About the only thing i upgraded for is crysis. And thats not even out yet. I would say if your not into gaming then dont worry about dx10. Oh i dont play halo but that comes out soon. Is that dx10?

Not into gaming? I'm going to build a gaming PC, otherwise no I wouldn't worry about DX10. Come to think of it, I'm just going to use XP, at least until the Vista woes get straitened out so I'm guessing I should probably go with a DX9?

Nice list, it will be helpful. Well, to others anyway, I've almost already decided what card I want to get. I'll be building a computer sometime in the coming months I hope (just need to start job hunting again) and I was thinking about getting an eVGA 8800GTS. A friend told me today that not many games will even be using DX10 capabilities this year so I reconsidered my choice. Is there really any reason I should get a DX10 this year or would a X1950XTX do me just fine? And if I do get a X1950XTX, which one should I get?

Get 8800GTS

The 8800GTS can play any DX9 at max settings.

Or wait for 8900 slightly better than 8800 or get wait for 8600. 8600 will proberly be a 7900 with Direct x10 support

Nice Trotter added color :p

Now it makes it even easier for people to read if they are hardcore fans of one company heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom