DVD-Romi

Status
Not open for further replies.

__Camouflage__

Daemon Poster
I'm having a problem with PowerDVD and my DVD-RW drive. I have a Philips DVD+-RW SDVD-8820. Anyway, everytime I put in a DVD-ROM (DVD Movie) It spins up and down, and makes some weird noises. It also has a problem with loading programs (such as IE7, PowerDVD {when not opened before DVD is placed in}, Windows Media Player 11, ect.) when DVD's are placed in the computer seems to halt, it doesn't freeze, as I can still use programs as long as they are already opened before the DVD goes in. It's weird, 'cause I can put in a regular CD-ROM and it doesn't do this, I can also put in used DVD+RW/Blank DVD+RW's and it works fine, just with DVD-ROM's is this problem occuring. Anyone know what I can do to get this fixed? I have an Everex NM3900W (I think that's the model). I have upgraded to VIA Hyperion chipset drivers. And I can't find any firmware for the Philips DVD+-RW SDVD8820 drive.

Try a different DVD-ROM. From the sounds of it the DVD-ROM drive is on its way out. A new drive should cure this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom