where in registry can i disable a startup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksback

Fully Optimized
Just need to know something simple, where in my registry can I disable a startup item without uninstalling a program (i.e. quicktime player)? I want to keep the program but I just don't want the darned thing loading up everytime I start my computer. I went to the options in Quicktime to disable it from starting up everytime I start my computer but couldn't find it so I figured the registry is the place to do it at. Win2000 isn't like 98 where I can go to system confifuration and just uncheck the item from the startup list.

Just use Spybot (in Advanced mode) and go TOOLS > Start Up.....from here you can stop things starting up quickly and painlessly....I presume you have Spybot?

or under run, type msconfig.exe then go into startup and disable it from there if you don't

ZeroZero, the msconfig utility that once came with Win98 and included with XP is NOT included in Windows 2000.

Jaknlisa, besides using Spybot, I use mlin's Startup which gives you a few more options in how you can control those unwanted startup items.

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

my problem

hai all

i am also in this registry problem

start/run/regedit

my pc says Registry editing was disabled by your adminstrator

iam using win98se

how to clear this problem
onthing i have another regedit.exe file that file is open regedit directlly.but idont know how edit this plzzzz

help me

kartook:rolleyes:

not to be a ****, kartook, but just post your question in a new threadand you'll get all the feedback you need.

in this forum its considered rude to use other peoples thread for your own questions.

you can access 2000's startup by going into start, programs, admin tools, services. If you dont have that, goto start, run, type MMC and add the snapin for computer management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom