$500-600 C2D build? possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

COD2_fanatic

Daemon Poster
Sometime here soon as I'm able to start mowing yards again i'm gonna get the money to build a new computer as my old one is starting to REALLY show its age.

Since i have a hard time putting components together for a build i was wondering if some one could help me.

I dont need anything fancy like an E6600 or 8800, just a simple C2D (E4300?) with One to Two GB's of RAM and money reserved for an 86 or 8500 card when they come out. Onboard video would be nice as a backup, since i dont plan to overclock much or any. Oh, and a Hard Drive (SATA) is a must as i've noticed most motherboards don have more than one IDE plug anymore.

Thx for any help you can give :)

It is very possible but that's after the Intel price cuts April 22nd.

Please help me help you by answering a few questions here.

What do you NEED in the build? As a must.

Do you need a monitor, keyboard, mouse, DVD drive etc?

Monitor you couldn't fit in but some other stuff yea.

Becuase the whole Intel price cuts and the 8600GT cards have not been released yet I'm not going to try to put together a REAL newegg build or anything right now, but rather layout prices and what to expect.

Lets see in your budget there would be.

CPU: E4300 $113
Mobo: Have to wait and see but expect to pay at least $90 for a decent one
Video: 8600GT $150
RAM: Prices on memory are dropping FAST. I would say in about 3 months you can get 2GB DDR2-677 for $100 as you can get good stuff for $115 now
HDD : 160GB 16mb cache 60$ or 80GB 16mb cache for around $40
Case: There are some very flimsy and plain looking cases that cool well and are cheap for around 25 bucks while the decent looking ones and good quality that cool even better are 40+ so it's all on you.
PSU: 400w FSP $40

That should be all the main parts but this is just a very rough and future estimate.

It is very possible but that's after the Intel price cuts April 22nd.

Please help me help you by answering a few questions here.

What do you NEED in the build? As a must.

Do you need a monitor, keyboard, mouse, DVD drive etc?

Monitor you couldn't fit in but some other stuff yea.

Becuase the whole Intel price cuts and the 8600GT cards have not been released yet I'm not going to try to put together a REAL newegg build or anything right now, but rather layout prices and what to expect.

Lets see in your budget there would be.

CPU: E4300 $113
Mobo: Have to wait and see but expect to pay at least $90 for a decent one
Video: 8600GT $150
RAM: Prices on memory are dropping FAST. I would say in about 3 months you can get 2GB DDR2-677 for $100 as you can get good stuff for $115 now
HDD : 160GB 16mb cache 60$ or 80GB 16mb cache for around $40
Case: There are some very flimsy and plain looking cases that cool well and are cheap for around 25 bucks while the decent looking ones and good quality that cool even better are 40+ so it's all on you.
PSU: 400w FSP $40

That should be all the main parts but this is just a very rough and future estimate.

Looks internesting.. anyway, no i dont need a monitor and all that stuff, already got a nice 19" WS LCD. As for "NEED" in the build? it doesnt really matter as long as it will perform decently, the only thing that is for sure is a mid range DX10 card
https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...tNumber=5365766&WishListTitle=$500-600+budget

Why won't you be overclocking much? It's kind of like a must with C2Ds. They overclock like monsters.

I'm not saying i WONT be overclocking, i'm just not to big about doing it, i overclocked my Opty and found no pleasure as some of you guys do, plus, my board was junk so it kinda turned me off from it

Well go with what I posted pretty much then...get DDR2-677 ram and an E4300 and if you want to overclock a bit you can.

It's possible to get decent performance on your monitor for about 600 bucks I'd say..but only time and the price cuts will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom