Looking for a new Monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inziladun

Baseband Member
So I built my PC about half a year ago, maybe a little bit longer. Build it, everything works perfectly, no DOAs or anything. I meant to get a new Monitor then... but I kind of lost my drive to get one. I'm sure some of you know how it is, you get everything working fine and even though you originally planned for some minor upgrades to your PC, you kind of lose to drive to continue working on it, since it already works!(I still need to replace one of the fans without LEDs in it :p).

Anyway, so i've been using my old Dell monitor since then, the DELL E171FPb. Very nice title, eh? Even though it sports an atrocious 25ms response time, I havn't really noticed any ghosting, which is probably another reason i've put off buying a new monitor. Not sure if my eye-sight is bad or what, but I simply don't notice any ghosting, at all.

Ok, but the point is, it's my birthday, and i've decided to put this old Dell monitor to rest. So advertise your favourite monitors and try to convince me to buy them! I'm looking for either a 19" or a 21", preferably a 19". My specs are in my sig, if that helps at all.

The Samsung 931c is pretty sweet. It's got HDCP, 2 ms response time, the works. Plus, I think Newegg has a deal going on right now where you get a free Logitech G15 keyboard if you buy that monitor. Awesome deal.

Give me a budget. There are awesome LCD monitors such as Hanns G 19 inch wide for the price but then there are the Samsungs which are extremely expensive for the size, yet nicest around. So it depends. Honestly I would just get a Hanns G or a 20.1 Sceptre.

I don't have much of a budget, as long as it's not too terribly extreme of a price. But if I had to name a budget, i'd say i'm willing to go 300$ if I must, but not any higher.

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 204BW Black 20" 6ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with Height Adjustments 300 cd/m2 700:1 - Retail

One of the best monitors out there while staying at a good size and not too out of your price. That monitor is absolutely gorgeous but I wouldn't even spend that much on a monitor.

Newegg.com - Hanns·G JW-199DPB Black 19" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1 Built in Speakers - Retail
This is the one I have and it looks beautiful and didn't break my wallet. Hanns G are highly-recommended. The picture quality is awesome but the plastic/Base is a little cheaper than some of the better monitors. That really doesn't matter to me but to some people it does. If it does to you then grab that Samsung I listed first.

Like one poster said I would go with that Samsung 931C if I was buying one.... You can get it from NewEgg for 259 + 14 ship... with a 20 dollar mail-in rebate and you get that Logitech G15 keyboard... You could always sell the Logitech G15 keyboard and after that, it would seem like that Samsung would be a **** of a deal. A little hassle, but hey saving some good money...

I think i'm going to go with the Samsung 931C. Seems like a good monitor and having an 80$ keyboard come with it for free certainly helps. Now as far as shipping goes, should I go with the cheap 14$ UPS or the very expensive 47$ Fedex? The reason I ask is that i've heard some horror stories when it comes to UPS and Fedex generally seems to take care of their packages better in my experiance. And Monitors are very fragile....

I would have definetly gone with the acer 22" 5ms widescreen with HDCP and everything. It's an amazing acreen, very very very cost effective. MMore then you'll ever need for around $300. That's what I bought for my new gaming rig (see sig) and I love it. Absolutly love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom