Recomend a PSU for E6600 and 8800GTX on a Asus Striker Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
Okay, I know I've been making a **** ton of threads about my new compy, but after tomorrow you will only see one more thread, a picture thread showing off my new system!

So here's what I'll be running:
An 8800GTX (eventually want to go SLI with two of these but I could upgrade the PSU later on..)
E6600 Conroe
Bigwater SE cooling system for both the proc and GPU so I can OC like ****
A DVD ROM drive and a DVD burning drive.
Tons of fans plus a radiator
2 gigs of G.Skill..

Right now I have a Silverstone 750 and I think it may be a bit overkill, I just want something a bit cheaper that will do it's job well and won't fail me or ruin my 2500 dollar rig that's comming via UPS in 3 days...

I don't understand. Your saying you want a cheaper Power supply that won't fail you because your current one is ungod like overkill?

Um okkk then.

What sora said....

it was confusing I had to edit my post. He made it sound like he already had one but he was saying that was what he was going to order. Lol gotta watch that bud.

750w is overkill as stated. I still like that Hiper I don't know why lol but the mushkin is my second favorite.

it was confusing I had to edit my post. He made it sound like he already had one but he was saying that was what he was going to order. Lol gotta watch that bud.

750w is overkill as stated. I still like that Hiper I don't know why lol but the mushkin is my second favorite.

Im sure we have all done that one time or another. Bahhh!...

Take a look at the power supply guide in my sig.
The corsair 620HX would do nicely.

Rofl, like I said in the original, the whole system won't come for 3 days because I am ordering it and finalizing everything tomorrow early morning after I get that delicious $1500 check :p

But I need to squeeze enough cash out of this as I can so i can also pick up a SATA HD as I refuse to use my crappy old IDE drives in this new powerful gaming rig. So I'm deciding to cut the PSU. I'm thinking it's between these two:
KINGWIN ABT-600MA1W ATX 12V Ver.2.2 600W Power Supply - Retail

Or:

HIPER HPU-4K580-MS ATX12V v2.2 580W Power Supply 100 - 120V - Retail

I'll probably end up going with that second one because it's a lot cheaper and you are all going to bag onthat first one :p

I love that frickin Hiper.

It will handle 8800GTX in sli with the amount of amps, plenty enough watts, cheap, modular, good name.

What more could you ask for at that price? haha

Yes it is a lot better, plus it has 4 SATA connectors... I'll definetly go with the hiper. I'll post a thread with pics of me bu8ilding it and the final result within a few days. Thanks a lot everyone for all your help! The final list of everything is below:

8800GTX (EVGA)
E6600 Conroe
(Bigwater SE to cool them both)
2GB (2x1GB) G.Skill DDR2 800
Asus Striker Extreme 680i Gaming Mobo
WD Caviar SE 16M Cache/160Gig
The Hiper 580watt
All in an Armor case
Viewed on an Acer 22" Gaming Widescreen (5ms delay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom