e6400 OCing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higach

In Runtime
Hey I have recently reformatted my computer in my sig and for some reason my OCing is all messed up... I have the e6400 which stock is 266x8 2.13 but i OCed it without changing voltage to 320x8 2.56 and for some reason since I reformatted it is running with a multiplier of 6 and going 320x6 1.92 and I have no idea what has cuased this or how to fix it or how to change the multiplier.. and it also is saying:

General Information :
Real Frequency : 1600.28 MHz
Multiplier : 6x
Low/High Multiplier : 6x / 8x
Multiplier Locked : Yes
Marketing Frequency : 2128 MHz

Front Side Bus Information :
Bus Speed : 266.7 MHz
FSB Frequency : 1066.9 MHz (QDR)

Initial Frequencies :
Frequency : 2133 MHz
FSB Frequency : 266 MHz
Multiplier : 8x

Control Clock Frequency :
Type : Enhanced SpeedStep (EIST)
EIST Enabled : Yes
C1E - Enhanced Halt Mode : No

Thermal Information :
Thermal Design Power : 65 W
Core Power : 48.77 W (estimated)
Resistance : 0.04 °C/W (estimated)
Thermal control TM1 : Yes
Thermal control TM2 : Yes
Thermal Control Circuit : No
Digital Thermal Sensor : Yes
TM2 Enabled : No
ODCM Enabled : No
Thermal Status : Normal

Processor Performance Information :
Throttle Mode AC : None
Throttle Mode DC : Adaptive
Current Configuration : None
Throttle : 2133 MHz
CPU Shutdown Temperature : 80°C

Processor Power Management Information :
Processor Throttling : Yes
Throttle Range : 75% - 100%
Active Power Scheme : Home/Office Desk

But when i Run PC Wizard 07 and CPU-z it says x6 multiplier... WTF IS GOING ON?? Lol please help me :p

Do you know if the P965 is the same or very similar to the 965PT that I have? They don't even make the 965PT anymore and thats what I have and could help you if they are similar.

whats what i have the 965pt you reccomended it awhile back :p

but somehow when i run cpu-z it says 320mhz x 6.0 and its the e6400 so it should be 8...

Oh well your sig says the P965 which is completley different from a 965PT that Biostar just released. Well different as in model.

If you have the 965PT Then I'm not to sure about the multi. I only have an E6300 which is one less than you.

I'll look in my BIOS in a minute and on my favorite OC sites and ask around for you.

I think im just gonna reformat with a real windows this time... I used to have a cough pirated copy cough but it couldnt get SP2, back then my computer ran perfect besides it got full of viruses and had to get a real windows.. so my friend gave me his xp pro but it was meant for a dell so now my computer thinks its a dell and now all these problems happen..

-Video card running terrible compared to what it used to run (Cant run AOE3 or FEAR or anything on full highest like i used to)

-It changed the multiplier to 6 while idling and never did that before...

etc...

so i think i might just completely buy this:
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with SP2 - Retail
and act like i just built it again and go from there since this is really really bothering me that on AOE3 it lags on the main menu screen with water and shadows on, yet my 3dmark scores remain just how they were ><

Here is an example of what I mean..

before I ever overclocked when i first got my computer these were my scores:

3DMark03 - 20,500
3DMark06 - 5310

Now I just ran them now and this is what I got

3DMark03 - 22343
3DMark06 - 5606

So obviously my video card is fine so I don't understand can that version of windows be screwing with my games and making them very crappy? I mean it already obviously is screwing with power management and I never had these problems with graphics settings on games until i reformatted? anyone able to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom