New Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
9600 xt, it is faster and supports more software such as open GL 2.0. I highly recommend this card, it is much faster. Also you might want to buy a little more system memory.

AndrewtheGreat said:
9600 xt, it is faster and supports more software such as open GL 2.0. I highly recommend this card, it is much faster. Also you might want to buy a little more system memory.

Would the thing about 9600XT having 128bit affect anything?

And I am going to buy a 512mb DDR400 PC3200 before I do anything to this machine ;)

"GeForce4 Ti 4200 63MB"
never heard of that 8)

Personally I would go with the ATI card. I switched from nvidia ti4600 to an AIW Radeon 9700 and I have had 0 problems with games or anything else for that matter. When it comes to buying now, I would wait untill close to the end of summer. Then the X800 will be lowered a bit as well as all the cards below it. It will be good cards for cheap price.

Orbb said:
Will the radeon being only 128bit effect anything?

Between 9800 Pro 128mb with 256-bit and 128-bit, you'll lose alot of performance as the 128-bit seems like it's speed is cut in half.(exagerated)

Just don't buy from sapphire, i believe they are the only ones that makes 128-bit 9800 pro.

I would suggest the 9600xt by saphire. It is what I have as a backup. It run's farcry on high detail but it looks like you will be buying more ram that will be your biggest hurdle in playing newer games. the 128mb version wont decrease any perfomrance. Very overclockable I hit 36,000 in aquamark. A very good card but be wanred the fan may quit so buy a vpu cooling heatsing and a 40mm fan!

WQ87 said:
Between 9800 Pro 128mb with 256-bit and 128-bit, you'll lose alot of performance as the 128-bit seems like it's speed is cut in half.(exagerated)

Just don't buy from sapphire, i believe they are the only ones that makes 128-bit 9800 pro.

But I am looking for a 256mb, with 256-bit. All the other 9800s are over my price range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom