what is my custom built computer worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ umm no sora hes saying the socket 939 3800 oc's better than my am2 4800, and dude the am2 uses ddr2 and has double the l2 cache and higher stock speeds, you can oc the ghz but not the l2 cache, and i personally think l2 cache is important in any processor

lol sora i think its you who should learn your facts, my athlon 4800 has 2 mb l2 cache and i can prove it to you easy lol wanna see a screenie of cpu-z?

The double Cache in them hardly makes much of any real world difference, especially in gaming.

The amount of difference a S939 X2 3800 in comparison to an AM2 X2 4800 is really hardly much of a difference.

In everyday activities you would notice no speed difference and maybe a few things would encode faster. Any X2 is fast just like any C2D is fast, no matter if its the E6300 compared to the QX6800.

That Computer is a very good price and the CPU is no where near "shiat"

Im sorry but he was actualy saying the 4800 was worse than the 3800, so i was just defending the 4800 im sorry sora but you should stay out of this one you have no idea what your talking about, were not talking about everyday performance, even if we were most everyday people dont o'c

(p.s how the **** you think 939 is better than am2?are you crazy dude...?)

And sore a 3800 hardly different from 4800? read this
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ - Hot Hardware: HotHardware.com

nagasama meant it will clock higher than STOCK 4800 Im going to be you any money. Which it will

I'm not saying S939 is better but just as good except for the fact it uses DDR2 memory.

Exactly but once again he's just stating that it will reach X2 4800 speeds. He's not trying to say its a better CPU. If it was a brisbane he meant however..thats a whole different story...heh but its not.

i'm not saying a 3800 is better than your 4800.
i meant, to clarify, that an s939 3800 will overclock as much, if not more than an am2 4800, or 4200, or 4600 etc etc.
and yes, you can overclock a 4800. to about 3ghz. so about 500mhz, a little more if you try really hard.
an s939 3800 will clock to close to that (if not to it), let's say for the sake of argument, 2.8ghz.
so 800mhz.
an 800mhz overclock is better (300 more mhz) than a 500mhz overclock, wouldn't you agree?
and no, the cache size does not make a huge amount of difference AT ALL in amd cpus.
i dont think s939 is better than am2. in most regards (ie am2 uses ddr2 ram, it will be upgradeable to am3/k8l, etc) it is not. but, 939 cpus overclock better, ie they get more mhz out of an overclock...not the overall TOTAL.

I totally forgot about that nagasama...that the Cache in AMD CPU's isn't anything like the difference in C2D's which already isn't much.

Yes the X2 3800 truly is a great CPU and will OC and be faster than a stock 4800.

yeah it is. but i am fairly certain that it's (the s939 3800) highest overclock (by normal people, lol) will be pretty close, within 1-200mhz anyway, of the highest overclock of an am2 4800.
i still like that wicked 3600 brisbane for 80 bucks...

Yea reports have said that the X2's will go down even more when the Intel price cuts happen. Can you just imagine $60 X2's going around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom