what is my custom built computer worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what makes that beeter than my setup except for the processor.my motherbored is better,sound is better the graphiccard is better but i have 2 graphic cards,2 dvd drives/lightscribe

Well first off, its DDR2 memory and AM2 board as apposed to 939 giving you more upgradability. The processor is better and the graphics card is faster and it only takes up 1 slot. Both DVD drives are lightscribe, having two means nothing because most people dont want or need, two DVD drives. I never said the build was better, but if I had a choice of getting to build my own rig with my posted specs, or be givin your used rig, I would pick the first.

Dude im sorry comps are like cars, once u buy it and take it home it depreciates, and three months is a long time in the computer world and that processor is shiat man sorry to tell you that things like 500 bucks i wudnt pay anything over that.

In no way is an Athlon 3800 "shiat" so watch your toung.

Those CPU's are plenty enough for the average user and still plenty powerful enough for gaming. Plus, a manchester Upgrade later on is simple enough.

Still the Athlon 3800 is a great CPU.

In no way is an Athlon 3800 "shiat" so watch your toung.

Those CPU's are plenty enough for the average user and still plenty powerful enough for gaming. Plus, a manchester Upgrade later on is simple enough.

Still the Athlon 3800 is a great CPU.

its already a manchester... don't you mean toledo

that s939 3800 will probably clock just as high, if not higher, than your 4800.
(and my 4200 of course).
so...?

ummm wdf a 939 beat an am2 that has double the l2 cache and higer ghz un oc'd? are you bulling me boy?

(and who said anytihing about overclocking?there are many Average computer users that dont overclock sora, just because you guys know how to overclock doesnt mean everybody does, the average computer user doesnt oc im sorry to say)
Heres a head to head 3800 with a 4800
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ - Hot Hardware: HotHardware.com

ummm wdf a 939 beat an am2 that has double the l2 cache and higer ghz un oc'd? are you bulling me boy?

well, i'm talking about overclocking. i am disputing your opinion that an s939 3800 is crap because it doesn't have the stock speed of your 4800. i am stating the fact that it is possible to overclock it to the same speed, and probably then some...making it not crap. wether the O.P. does it or not.
i wasnt talking about un oc'd, thats why i said "it would probably CLOCK as high, if not higher, than your 4800." nothing about beating it at anything.
in addition, i dont think that the L2 cache in an amd is much of a factor...because of the hypertransport and faster communication with the RAM in the system, the cache size is not that important.
typically, from the research i have done, the socket 939 cpu's (with a decent motherboard and RAM) tend to be able to "out-overclock", if you will, the am2 cpus.

What are you talking about? There is absolutely no difference from a S939 X2 3800 from an AM2 X2 3800. They have the exact same L2 cache and exact same clock speeds. The only difference is that S939 uses DDR1 memory and it's slower than DDR2. As far as overclocking goes most people on these forums will overclock once we've told them how it easy it is.

Only the newest X2 5600 and above have 2x1MB cache.

Don't bash any kind of Athlon at all becuase you are getting what you think will be sooo much faster. Also since you say people don't overclock The X2's are BETTER for the money than the C2D's so there.

Learn your facts please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom