"no disk" message HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindog

Baseband Member
Hi All,

I've started experiencing an annoying (understatement!!) pop up window that appears and say's " there is no disk in the drive. please insert disk into dirve". Then gives me the option cancel, try again, continue. This window appears about 15 times before I finally click it off and then it reappears at random some time later.

The only thing that has been installed prior to this problem, was HP 2200 series printer drivers were installed and an update of System Mechanic professional 7. The only ather noticeable action in conjunction is that the floppy disk drive powers up every time I click on the window. I haven't used the drive for months. I've read that USB drives have caused this problem for some peoplel so I''ve unplugged every USB device I have, but the problem still occurs.

I would like be the guy who eradicates this message from every computer that has ever been known to display this.

Rich

Unplug your floppy drive before powering on your computer and see if that helps.

I have this problem on 3 new computers that I've built. alcohol 120 is behind some of them, but I don't know what causing the rest

they show up when I reboot the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom