Computer Turns Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliminator

Baseband Member
Ok I have been having this problem for a month or so now. My PC specs are as follows:
Intel c2d e6400 2.13GHz
Sapphire x1950XTX 512MB
Enermax 535W PSU
Apacer 2GB 667MHz RAM
320GB HD 16MB Cache
ASUS P5N-SLI Motherboard
Some cheap case =P

My PC has been shutting off randomly. I was thinking that it would be because my video card was overheating, but I have 6 fans inside the case, including the PSU fan, the video card fan and the processor fan. But my video card, when I turn on my PC, is at an amazing 72ºC. This seems fairly high, and when I played Counter-Strike 1.6 (is not a demanding game at all) my video card posts about 80ºC - 82ºC (according to my ATi drivers.) I was going to try and put a small fan but I already have a fan on the disconnectable part of my case and I can't seperate it due to the wire, so that's not an option.

I would like more if someone can contact me via AIM (for better support, don't have to wait on the thread for the person to post) so if you can please contact me at : the 0liminator ("ZERO"liminator). Thanks ahead of time for help.

I would first try memtest86. Just to get that possibility out of way.
Google it, download it, burn to disk, boot off of it. Run test for 4-6 hours.
The more errors it reports the more likely it is to be bad memory.

I would then try to lower the room temparture as much as possible.
I won't pretend to know the max operating temp for your card but it seems high.

can be your power supply faulty which may had a spike or ur cpu overheating

but 72*c seems high i would change the thermal paste on that bad boy and see what it pulls, id recommend Arctic Silver 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom