linksys router

Status
Not open for further replies.

unbornzodiac

Baseband Member
hi,
im planning on starting a lan party and im wondering if linksys offers a router (non-wireless) to hook up upto 8 comps where i can plug n play...not needing to mess around with configuration or setups...EtherFast® 8-Port 10/100 Auto-Sensing Hub (Desktop)...is that the one i need? http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=34&scid=31&prid=54
also, is there something that can prevent me from receiving a power outage, like a generator? that is a good value...

That is the one you need! I will help. I have the same one but the 4 port. It works really well for lans. I just wish i had more then 4. You can never have enough ports. I would also get a bunch of patch cables with that. Because your friends tend to forget theirs. But you will be satisfied with that router. Come to think of it i run one at work for dsl to the huge a$$ network. And 2 of my friends have one. Go with that one.

Oh and for the power outage deal.. thats a little different of a story. IF you want something like a battery back up which will give you about 5-10 mins of running time before it shuts down then go with an apc one. About a generator. If your looking for one for a backup for your house. Honda makes the best. Its gonna cost you about 5000$ for a backup generator for your house and for an electrician to come wire in the additional box you need so all you have to do is flip a switch.

jeeze, i think i wold stick with leaving it normal and jsut plugging the comps in different slots around the house...rather let the power go out then to spend that much, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom