Help my OC my e6400?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cementshoes

In Runtime
I have and asus p5n sli mobo and an e-6400. I can't find any guides, so can someone find one or walk me thru how to do it? I just want to OC it a little bit, maybe to 3.0 or something.

ok remember that ur e6400 is 213 * 10 right? so with ur mobo u can overclock well, the next thing to know is what type of cooling u got, with stock HSF, i've managed to get 3.10 ghz, by increasing the 213 to 310, and thats pretty good for stock HSF's

Isn't the multiplier of an e6400, 8 and not 10? So it should be 266*8=2.13GHz. 310*8 would give you about 2.4GHz.

ya ur right, but anyways just 266 to say 386 or 387

so if I do it to 386 will that give a hug eincrease in temp? It idles at 52 degrees and is at 1.33 volts right now. Will OCing it to 386 fsb or whatever make temp a lot more to where i'd need aftermarket cooling?

wow....thats probably too hot for idling. You need aftermarket cooling for sure. How is the air circulation in your case?

I have all stock cooling, and then one small fan on the side window of my case blowing air in. I don't have any air coming in thru the front cuz there's a door that I keep shut on the front of my comp.

THere's 8 little screened in holes on the front of myc ase that pull air in thru the front, should I leave the door open and let air come in thru tehre?

Heres what I suggest...

Sell your Corsair Value for like 100-110 bucks to someone and then buy the G.Skill 2GB DDR2-800 Red NQ's on the egg for $140 bucks. These things will give you some very nice high overclocks.

Then you are going to need a cooler so look for the Arctic Freezer Pro 7. It's always on a special somewhere for around $25 bucks so don't just look on the egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom