Overclocking Cooling Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

knuckle50

In Runtime
Hello everyone,

I have a Pentium 4 3.0 gHz (Northwood core with 800FSB) and I was hoping to overclock it upwards of 3.6 gHz. I was wondering what the best form of cooling for this would be. I have narrowed it down to the Thermalright SP-94, or the Zalman 7000-Cu (or Al/Cu). I have also looked into cheap water cooling, and I was wondering if there was a water cooling system that would cool the cpu, gpu, and possibly the hard drive, which was in my price range (up to $120). If there is a water cooling system that is significatly better than either of the previously mentioned heatsinks, i will get that.

i was also wondering: which is better, as ceramique or arctic silver 5.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Water cooling. I would go with the switech all internal water cooling kit which consists of the water blocks, pump, and radiator. The whole set up costs about 300 bucks and is the best and most convenient you will find. It requires nothing more then what it comes with. And i have seen run on several computers in person and its very nice. IF your looking to overclock that much i reccomend this to you. Arctic silver 5 is the best out there.

thanks a lot for the responses, but right now, i can't afford 300 bucks, do you think a cheap $100 water cooling system will be better than that heatsink?

Yes it would be better. But for the time being i would leave it alone and mildly overclock then when you have the cash go to the swiftech and overclock to the max. And i was actually wrong its about 217 bucks list price which means you can find it a lot cheaper. THat comes with everything you need and the block for the cpu. Additional water blocks are about 30-40 bucks. www.swiftnets.com

This isnt the right kit you need but this is the same thing just for an amd. You need the model H20-8600-P. This is a H20-8600-A. BUt you see not bad price. But you can find the kits cheaper then this, thats still retail price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3673&item=3486595065&rd=1

thanks a lot for the help. i will be saving my money for this. As you see from my sig, i have quite a crappy video card, and i want to overclock it as much as i can, so i will be getting a water block for it. i'll save up, and also, which is cheaper, buying the parts individually or getting a full kit?

The full kit is definetly cheaper. I would search websites online for it im sure you can find the kit for about 170 bucks because retail is 215. The extra water blocks for the vga and northbridge are seperate and is the only things you might need and like i said they run about 30-40 bucks.

Actualy just looking this is a good price and reliable website
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-108-030&depa=0

vga and northbridge blocks i would try www.swiftnets.com or www.xoxide.com or even ebay might have some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom