How Do I Join Partitions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pop-ups? I forget what they look like. Oh, yeah, those things that pop up with the IE they use at work... those things...

DiskManagement2.jpg

Pretty cool . . .

I got the partitions joined. All I needed to do was to delete the 2nd partition and then tell the computer to create a partition. It gives the largest size that the partition can be. I clicked ok and partition D and E were joined.

DiskManagement2.jpg

Pretty cool . . .

I got the partitions joined. All I needed to do was to delete the 2nd partition and then tell the computer to create a partition. It gives the largest size that the partition can be. I clicked ok and partition D and E were joined.

cool. I didn't think that windows could do it

I read about it once in pc world about 3-4 years ago that said you could do it, yet I couldn't figure it out, So I just thought that they made a mistake

The only thing is that merging them will delete any data in the partitions.

I guess it's the easy things that trip us up and programs like Partition Magic are making a fortune off of it.

I like that little trick of removing the question mark . . . it'll come in handy a lot of times.

Thanks for your help guys . . . I appreciate it :)

Denise

The only thing is that merging them will delete any data in the partitions.

I guess it's the easy things that trip us up and programs like Partition Magic are making a fortune off of it.

I like that little trick of removing the question mark . . . it'll come in handy a lot of times.

Thanks for your help guys . . . I appreciate it :)

Denise

so you did lose your movie and music?

No, I moved it all to another drive before I deleted the partition. I have 12 external hdds. When the new, larger partition was made, I moved it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom