Started my computer after being gone for a week, what happened?! (Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
I turned on my PC to find this:

http://www.christasloan.com/P1060478.JPG
and
http://www.christasloan.com/P1060479.JPG

The Picture is Distorted from Startup, even before Windows XP loads, so Im thinking hardware issue. I disconnected and removed my Video Card and Re-Plugged it in and rebooted, same problem.

What the heck is going on? Should I move my video card to a different slot?

BTW, last time I used my PC, everything was working fine...

-Joe

Same thing happened to my GTX. I applied for an RMA and a couple days later, it worked fine again so I cancelled the RMA. I don't know what happened.

Hmm, while I was re-installing my Video drivers, everything on my monitor went clear again, however there were some wacked out pixels in a few places. It still wasnt 100%, but it worked. Not its not working again. WTF!

If you have oc'd your gfx card any. Try putting it back to stock first. And see if that helps. I would also try a different monitor first. A while back i had a monitor and the screen would turn purple for no reason at all. Then one day it just didn't work any more it was only 4 months old when i had it.

just try re-mounting it. sometimes fixes the problem and takes 2 seconds. (in the same slot)

Ok, turns out, was NOT the monitor. It WAS my eVga 8800GTS 640MB. I RMA'd it, received a new one from evga, installed it, started on my PC, everything is fixed/fine............but WAIT.

No, its not fine. Now, everything seems normal as far as viewing, but randomly, from time to time, my screen will start flickering with the same exact jarbled BS that my other card was doing, but this time, it will only flicker, and go back to normal. It happens on average probably every 5 minutes. Does this sound like a dirty PCI slot or something? What the **** is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom