System Fan Error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfX

Baseband Member
Hello,

OK About a week ago I sent in my notebook to Gateway so they could fix my problems, I had a corrupted Hard Drive or something, and they had to re-install everything and I lost all my data.

I got my notebook back on Friday, and I start it up and it won't work! I get "System Fan Error!!"
"please turn off system and check your system
fan !!""

I try to re-load windows but it will not let me boot from CD or get into BIOS or anything, it goes straight to that screen.

I cannot believe they wouldn't check to see if it was 100% working before they sent it back.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
Thanks!

Sounds likew they forgot to hook the fan back up. I'd get on the horn and tear somebody a new one.

They want me to send it back, which I think is absolutely ridiculous.

Can I go to a Best Buy (Where I purchased the notebook) or a local Gateway store and will they be able to do anything?

I'd have them call BestBuy and let you take it there. If you have already had to send it in once and wait for it, they need to have to eat it for causing something on the second go around.

Don't just take it in without going through Gateway, though. You'll end up stuck with the bill and a possible voided warranty.

"Drew I understand your concern regarding this matter, but I cannot refer you to Best Buy, although they are one of our Authorized Service Centers, they do not specialize on Gateway notebooks."

They want me to send it in again and do an RMA Looping or whatever they said. This is so ridiculous.

Another 7-10 days until it will be fixed

Tell 'em to give you a new one. They screwed it up and have cost you time, and your time is valuable to you. Demand they replace the notebook, as you need it for your day to day business.

Well I just called Best Buy and they said they do take a look at Gateway computers and whatever so I'm gonna run by there and see what they can do.

I already processed an RMA Looping and they are sending out a box so I can ship the notebook to them, if Best Buy can't fix the problem.

*Sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom