How Do I Join Partitions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denise_M

In Runtime
Hi,

When I installed Windows X64 (not Vista), I partitioned my hard drive so that it would have 3 partitions. I now want to delete one of the partitions. I did a Microsoft search and found that I needed to go into Disk Management, right click on the partition, and click delete. I did that but it didn't remove
the partition. It's still there but can't be accessed.

My computer consists of my C drive where all of my programs are located.
The D drive contains files that I use. The E drive was empty and I couldn't
fine a use for it, so I want to join D and E to make 1 large partition and not
to touch the C drive. I've already backed up everything that's on the D
drive.

How do I combine D and E to make 1 large partition without buying a program such as Parition Magic?
--

If you have deleted the E drive fully then you should be able to simply expand the D drive to fill the space it has left behind. When you delete the E drive you should be left with 'unallocated' space and they you just resize the D drive to use that space as well.

If you have deleted the E drive fully then you should be able to simply expand the D drive to fill the space it has left behind. When you delete the E drive you should be left with 'unallocated' space and they you just resize the D drive to use that space as well.

I do have empty space but in Computer Management -> Disk Management, there isn't an option to join the two or expand the D drive that I could find.

How would I expand the D drive?

Denise

Screenshot of Disk Management. It had to be reduced a lot to fit the size guidelines of attachments . . . I hope you can still read it.

Denise

Attachments

• Disk Management resized and cropped1.jpg
    Disk Management resized and cropped1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 15,698
Or you can try this one . . . when I clicked on it, it opened to a large picture.

ignore the popups

post it like this

DiskManagement2.jpg

just take the ?(question) out of the link below and it will show as above

img

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom