Computer restarting when running full screen applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

zinch_smug

Baseband Member
Hello

When ever i try to run a full screen application, my computer will suddenly restart. Then my monitor will display the messages -
"signal cable not connected"
"out of range"

I believe this has something to do with the monitor. My monitor is a Benq FP71G+S.

Are you sure that the computer is actually restarting? When you get this message, press ALT+F4 or ALT+TAB to exit out of the program to see if your computer really restarted. It sounds to me like the program is setting the resolution too high for the monitor.

thx for replying

anyway, i tried your advice and i belive the computer is restarting. However, when ever i try to adjust the resolution, the computer also restarts and the same messages appear.

do u have any suggestions?

at the moment it is 1280 by 1024 (maximum for my computer)
adjusting it to anything else causes the computer to restart. What resolution should it be at?

ok, try this:
Right click My computer/properties/Advanced/Startup and recovery/uncheck
automatic restart

Then try to change your resolution and an error message/ BSOD should come up so you can see if the problem is with your video drivers.

i did what you said. The the computer restarted and a whole lot of text appeared infront of a blue background. Unfortunately, i do not understand it very well. Am i look for something in particular?

Do you have a camera? Take a picture of it and post it. I'm betting that your video driver is what is causing the computer to crash, so look for a file name that is related to your video card. Also, install all the newest video drivers for your card and see if that helps.

it'll most likely be nv_disp or ati something or other :p

try reinstalling/updating video drivers, should fix the problem. it this started happening after updating, drop back to the previous ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom