fast dvd burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammytheman

In Runtime
Hey fellas I was wondering what is the fastest DVD burners out there?? I want a black colour by the way because my case is black. How are these?

Liteon LH-20A1S DVD+RW 20X8X16 DVD-RW 20X6X16 DL 8X 2MB SATA DVD Writer Black Beige Retail Box - DirectCanada

LG GSA-H22L DVD+RW 18X8X16 DVD-RW 18X6X16 DL 8X Lightscribe DVD Writer IDE 2MB Black OEM W/ SW - DirectCanada

By the way what does "OEM W/ SW" mean?

Right now I have this burner that I think is 8X because that is what I see MAX when I burn movies using NERO.

20x is the fastest burners are sold at Retail these days but DVD'R's are still only 18x times I think so it won't matter. I use 16x DVD'r's as they are a little cheaper and no time difference really. I would just get that Lite-on 20x to be safe buit still 18x is just as good.

Yea they won't give you any IDE cables or a box. They just wrap it in bubble wrap and send it to you. However this never matters really with Burners or hard drives as your mobo has all the necessary cables to hook one up anyway. Most Burners come OEM and just about all HD's do.

Hey Sora I fu*kin love you man!!!!!!! You are so helpful. I have registered to many computer forums with the same name and most take hours to reply to simple questions. I will ge the LG then. Thanks.

I'd buy the lite on - its a SATA drive instead of an IDE. That'll allow you to keep it nice and clean looking in your case.

Some information.

Right now the drives that have the lowest failure rate are Samsung, Optorite and Plextor. More expensive but worth it.

A guys wife at another forum burns like 50+ DVD's a Day and thats how I know this. He said that of all the brands, those are the ones that lasted the longest and had the least coasters. (Bad Burns)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom