Motherboard for Intel Core 2 Duo E6400

Status
Not open for further replies.

3r1c

Baseband Member
Are Asus a good choice? Recommend some good brands my price range is 200-300.

Yeah you should be able to get your hands on the Gigabyte DS3 as well for that price range which has great overclocking potential if that is what you want it for, but the ASUS stated above is also a superb mobo.

I bought that asus deluxe board. I don't have my puter up and running yet though because my video card got fried. how??? I got the Asus PB5 Premium vista ready board. That thing fried my video card i think. Thing didn't work. Very buggy - don't get that one.

I would Highly recommend the P5B-E for 150 bucks as it's all your probably ever going to need if you don't go SLI

I'd recommend the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, if you plan to overclock. X-Bit Labs has a great article about it. I'd recommend the regular S3, but apparently something (that I won't even pretend to comprehend the use of...) gets in the way of some processor cooling devices; This apparently is fixed on the DS3.

The DS3 is a really good board but the P5B-E still has some really good features but yea I would probably get a DS3 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom