Infractions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Fully Optimized
The Infraction System is a way to give points to members that break the rules. Here's the point system:
  1. Sig Rule Violation is 5 points and expires after 6 months.
  2. Inappropriate Language is 5 points and expires after 1 month.
  3. Small Infraction is 5 points and expires after 14 days.
  4. Flaming is 10 points and expires after 14 days.
  5. Spam is 15 points and expires after 1 month.
  6. PM Spam is 15 points and expires after 1 month.
  7. Inappropriate Thread/Post is 20 points and expires after 1 month.
  8. Disciplinary Action Minor is 30 points and is a temporary ban for 7 days.
  9. Disciplinary Action Major is 75 points and a temporary ban for 1 month.
  10. Permanent Ban is 1000 points and never expires.
  11. Custom Infraction is whatever points that an Admin wants to give and will expire whenever they want.
The points will accumulate until they expire. If a user accumulates a certain amount of points, there are automatic bans. The accumulated points are:
  1. 30 points is a 7 day ban.
  2. 75 points is a 1 month ban.
  3. 1000 points is a permanent ban.
The Infraction System is a disciplinary system to get members to conform to the rules. That's why this system has a set amount of points and a set amount of time for expiration of those points. The auto ban is also a great way to show that abiding by the rules is imperative.

Note: Some of the infractions are extended. That means a user will receive extended expiration times if given a second infraction that matches an existing active infraction. For example, a user is given a small infraction that expires in 14 days. An hour later this user is given the same infraction for another post. Since the user already had an active small infraction, this new infraction's expiration time is added to the end time of the previous infraction. Effectively, this new infraction will now end 27 days and 23 hours later instead of the default of 14 days. If the user was given a third infraction, it would be added to the end of the second infraction as well, which in this case would put them in the temp ban.

Explanation of Infractions (this list is not all inclusive):
  1. Sig Rule Violation is self-explanatory. See the sig thread.
  2. Inappropriate Language is for bypassing the profanity filter, and may be for insinuations and inuendos.
  3. Small Infraction is for small offenses that might not be covered in the other categories.
  4. Flaming is self-explanatory.
  5. Spam is when a member does a link drop, not for the join and only spam people.
  6. PM Spam is when a member is reported for sending spam via PMs.
  7. Inappropriate Thread/Post is anything that is not allowed here. This is a tech forum.
  8. Disciplinary Action Minor is used when a member has gone temporarily insane and needs a week off. This will be used for those that are receiving several infractions in a day, if the total of the points does not automatically ban them.
  9. Disciplinary Action Major is about the same as the Minor except this member will get a month off.
  10. Permanent Ban is 1000 points and no one will ever accumulatively achieve this. This amount of points is given to one time spammers and those that will never be allowed back.
If you receive an infraction, only you and the Forum Leaders will know. It is not a public record that everyone can see.

I hope this helps with understanding the system.

Edit: This system is new, but the rules are not. The Forum Leaders used to manually keep this information about rule infractions, warnings, etc.

This thread is open for your discussion and questions, but it is not open for changing the infraction system.

Dave :D

11. Custom Infraction is whatever points that an Admin wants to give and will expire whenever they want.The points will accumulate until they expire.

First off, I want to say that I do not disagree with this system, but I think that this one is going to cause some problems. Maybe there should be a limit set on the number of points or something.

The custom infraction is only used by the Admins. For example, I gave a 1 point infraction today for testing purposes.

The custom infraction is only used by the Admins. For example, I gave a 1 point infraction today for testing purposes.

oh...ok. So the mods can't give those. That makes things clearer.

Thanks

It's really nice of you to post this about 3-4 days after you started this system.

Should this be stickied here where people are more likely to read it.

Yay Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom