dream pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardopowers

Baseband Member
i have been wanting to build an awesome water cooled gaming pc, i plan on ocing, but i have a budget of $2500, heres what i have picked

case: Newegg.com - Thermaltake Armor Series VA8003BWS Black Full Tower Case w/ 25CM Fan - Retail

mobo: Newegg.com - EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

cpu: Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

gpu: Newegg.com - EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

memory: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

psu: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 620W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail sound card: Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

monitor: Newegg.com - SCEPTRE X20WG-Naga Black 20.1" 5ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

cd drive: Newegg.com - SONY Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 5X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM IDE DVD Burner - Retail

hard drive: Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Water cooling components:

radiator: Danger Den Black Ice GT Stealth 240 X-Flow Radiator - Black - FrozenCPU.com

reservoir: XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir - Black - FrozenCPU.com

pump: Swiftech MCP655â„¢ 12v Water Pump w/ 3/8" Conversion Kit (317 GPH) - FrozenCPU.com

tubing: PrimoFlex 1/2" ID PVC UV GreenTubing - FrozenCPU.com

cpu block : Danger Den TDX 775 Copper Water Block (Intel 775) - FrozenCPU.com

gpu block : Koolance VID-280-V10 (Vid) Liquid Cooling VGA Block - GeForce 8800GTS - FrozenCPU.com

water meter: Thermaltake T-type Water Temperature Indicator (CL-W0033) - FrozenCPU.com

clamps: 1/2" ID Reusable Clamp - Black - FrozenCPU.com

fluid : Fluid XP+ High Performance Non-Conductive 32 oz. Liquid Cooling Fluid - UV Midnight Blue (FXPHPMB32) - FrozenCPU.com

The main components of the PC are very solid. I don't like the 680i board becuase I think SLI sucks but that's just my thoughts. The PSU is good but there are better. I'm quite partial to the Hiper 580w Modular model for the money but Zipzoomfly.com is having a special on the CorsairHX620 and I would get that as it's an amazing PSU.

I know absolutely nothing about water cooling I'm sorry as I' would be scared to do it. As well as I don't have the money for it.

DOn't be scared of water cooling, as most coolants that come stock are totaly non-conductive as far as electricity goes.

If you don't like any of the 680i boars, than what else would you recomend?

The 680i boards are really the only option for high end SLI and that's why they are so much. If you don't go SLI there are boards with the same features and quality for almost half of that.

I'm quite partial to these boards going from cheapest to most expensive.

MSI P6N 650i
DS3
P5B-E
P5B Deluxe

Those are all excellent all around boards in their own price categories. If you want a more higher end mobo but not SLI then the P5W is an awesome board too.

yeah i decided to go with the corsair psu, but i plan on keeping the 680i mobo just for upgrading purposes, mainly for when i have more money to get another 8800 gtx...hells yeah

I went for the OCZ GameXStream 600W, awesome PSU that.

680i isnt bad, some nasty fsb holes with some of them though. be good for high end SLI setups though.

i decided to go ahead and just build this system to last a while, so im going to go with 2 gtx's, how long do you think this system will last, or still be able to play games without much lag in the future, and do you think its worth it or should i just wait for other hardware to come out before i buy the parts.

imo youd be better off getting one gtx it will last you a nice long time, long enough for when you need to upgrade you will have the money
sli is overated and imo notworth the price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom