Crysis Performance Break-Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird, well ive actually never even gone below 150 unless its really bad, but 150 seems smoothest to me and 30 seems like crap lmao i dunno bout you guys but i personally see a difference between 60 and 150 honestly i think its smoother in 150...i dunno how many fps a human eye can detect but i just feel a difference...

(and at 150 the mouse seems to respond alot faster than at 30..i dunno how this all ties in but in fast action games 150 like fear 150 fps seems to suit me)

Thats whats so great about the source engine.

Since my monitors max refresh rate is 60Hz.

I set FPS_max 61, so it stays at a constant 60, and never goes above.

I don't think so... have you ever run fraps with v-sync on?

PS - My GTS has opened my eyes to how amazing v-sync is...

Hmm well my fps is good and usually stay at 150 but every so often it drops to 40 which i notice a freeze that last bout half a second, which is annoying because in fear that half a second is your life so i dont really understand its 150 then it goes to 40 but its not 40 it actually freezes for half a second but fraps says its still 40 which confuses me

Is your system overheating? That could cause it to stutter. 40fps in Fear is playable, not the best but playable.
Is it like that in other games? My system does the pause thing with Fear to. I would rather play a game at a constant 40fps than play at a average of 70 but with frame speed changes from 40-100fps.

ya it stutters a fair bit in close range, sometimes to 150-30, havent noticed it in any other games though and my comp does have hot air comming out of the power supply fan lots but the temps look fine

Do you have V-sync on. I would guess turning that on or locking the frame rate down a little lower if you can might help.

Back on topic. I'm wondering how low a system can be to play the game at minimum. I'm sure it will take a decent system to run max but I wonder how many people just won't be able to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom