Windows 98 Sec edition files to Boot Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragan

Baseband Member
Hey Guys I am A newbie I want to know how to make a windows 98 disc from the windows 98 files of a file cd. Any help would be great.

I am not trying to make a boot disk but i have the files of the win98sec cd but i want to know how to put these files onto cd so i can boot in the bios and install a fresh copy of win98sec

Youve got the win98 SE files on your drive and you want to make a new CD????

Strange, but ok, burn a bootable copy onto a CD, you will need to make an ISO of the files including the sys files so you can boot from it.Many of them will in CAB format when its all done,and they should be that way now already,if not, this isnt going to work.Your going to need an exact copy of the disc the files came from basically, cant do it form a win98 install.This wont be easy to do, you know that right?Microsoft discourages this kind of thing.It can be done though.Cant tell you anymore..........this is piracy type subject material.Cant help much more anyway,im not familiar with any windows ware cd burner software, I use linux.

I have not installed it win98 i just have all the files on my hardrive copyied off a cd and want to burn those files to a bootable cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom