Crysis Performance Break-Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the problem is the frame drops...not the average FPS.

If im playing Titan quest and its constant 76 and it drops to 55 then back up a little..all the changes really annoy me. If it were stay at a steady 50 FPS I wouldn't care.

Hmm well my fps is good and usually stay at 150 but every so often it drops to 40 which i notice a freeze that last bout half a second, which is annoying because in fear that half a second is your life so i dont really understand its 150 then it goes to 40 but its not 40 it actually freezes for half a second but fraps says its still 40 which confuses me

No matter what game I play im maxed out at 76. Whats even weirder is in Titan quest i'll get these slow downs of constant 38's. I'll be running high quality at 76 FPS and then even at 38 FPS I'll turn it down to low quality and still get the same stuff. It's really weird...even at 38 FPS i'm able to stand it though.

lol ya and fraps sometimes tells me i have up to 3,000 fps which is messed lol and stay at 3,000 for quite sometime

That only applies to real life motion. The Human eye in games cannot distinguish anything over 85 or 90 FPS.

For games anything above 60 FPS is excellent. Going beyond 60 will not bring any noticeable improvement. It's not a matter of whether the human eye can distinguish a change at some FPS. What you need is fluidity between frames, and this is achieved with 50-60 FPS. [The human eye can actually distinguish changes, depending on the type, up to 300 FPS].

oh my gosh... 30fps?! Your PC SUCKS my friend if thats whats "perfect" to you.

This has been done to death.

1. 30fps in movies looks fine because they have "in-between" frames that blend each one together.

2. The human eye can detect a "out of the ordinary frame" at speeds of 200fps.

3. A drop in frame rate, say 90-65 is stuttery because the game is thrown off it's time scale, not because the 65 is too slow.

4. 60 fps in game is the best tha you need. Not 150 or anything like that. A CONSTANT level of fps at anything over 60 is the best gaming possible.

Why did no one seem to understand fps when they read my post? Or do you just look for an average of 150 fps and 60fps? lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom