laptop water damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

antivirus6613

Beta member
I have a Toshiba satellite model 1405-S151. I accidently spilled some water on it (keyboard). Now the power switch doesnt turn on. If i plug it in it still charges and the led at the bottom light up but the switch doesnt work.

Any ideas for turn on?

You really should have let it dry out for a month before trying to do anything with it. The fact that you plugged it in was, no offense, really really stupid. If the computer wasn't already short circuited before you plugged it in, running that kind of voltage through there certainly did it. I'm afraid that there isnt much you can do for it now.

You really should have let it dry out for a month before trying to do anything with it. The fact that you plugged it in was, no offense, really really stupid. If the computer wasn't already short circuited before you plugged it in, running that kind of voltage through there certainly did it. I'm afraid that there isnt much you can do for it now.

lmao he signed up for TF to get rejected...

guys its been out for about 6 months i asked my friends and they say they dont know .Just recently i got more time which is why i am trying to fix it. I plugged it in for the first time maybe 1-2 months ago to try it to see if it dried out. it charged but button did not turn on.

if you know how to solder then open her up and look for any burnt marks on the motherboard or any capacitors that seem odd or bumpy.

8\10 times this happens your pretty $crewed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom