E6600 vs E6700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriot DDR2-800 2gb set is 154.99 after rebate on newegg.

you can pick up a DDR2-1100 set of OCZ ram for 204.99 after rebate.

the prices he quoted seem high for most g.skill sets. Just sayin

If he waits for the rebate thats awesome with the Patriot but G.Skill HK's for 180 bucks will hit DDR2-1200. Those NQ's are awesome for the price I think.

I don't trust rebates ever since EVGA has a rebate on my 7900GS but no possible way to even send in the rebate.

If he waits for the rebate thats awesome with the Patriot but G.Skill HK's for 180 bucks will hit DDR2-1200. Those NQ's are awesome for the price I think.

I don't trust rebates ever since EVGA has a rebate on my 7900GS but no possible way to even send in the rebate.

thats an awesome overclock

I got my patriot memory up to DDR2-1000 with relaxed timings but thats a lot better.

Lol I wasn't like OMG A REBATE anyway but still I was kind of mad....I expected to get a little rebate thing to mail in but nooo lmao.

Well, the G.Skills look nice and have good ratings, and high popularity. As for the guy on page one, RAM is bassicly the core of your computer. In fact, in most cases is more important than the processor even. If you buy a good proc but bargain ram, the proc won't work at it's full potential.

I figured I would get a cheap water cooling system like a BigWater, and use that to cool my CPU, and then over clock it hopfully to 3.4GHz, and OC the RAM so I can get the most out of both. I'm buying the KO 8800GTX with the slightly better cooler so I can OC that a bit more as well.

As for the case, I like the Armor. It's massive, and will allow me to internally mount my radiator for the BigWater, along with anything I want to put in there. I wouldn't buy anything else probably...

So anyways, I'm about to complete the order now so so far this is my final choices:
EVGA 8800GTX KO
E6600
Asus Striker (Excited about this beast :p)
G.Skills
SilverStone 750W
Acer 22" LCD
Thermaltake BigWater with LGA775 water block
Armor case
7.2k Caviars
F.E.A.R. Directors DVD cut (Can't wait to play with all settings on MAX!)

My total is about 2500, tell me what you think before I click submit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom