Motherboard selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammybaines

Baseband Member
I need some help off people in deciding which mobo to choose for my build - i will primarily be using it as a gaming rig and with overclocking in mind.

So far the components ive fixed on are:
C2D E6600
Sapphire ATi radeon 512mb graphics card
G.Skill ram 2GB NQ Series
Corsair 620W HX series
Barracuda ES 500GB 16MB 7200RPM

The boards i have been looking at are made by ASUS, i just want to know which out of the selection they think is best for my build please.

ASUS P5B
ASUS P5B-P
ASUS P5B-E plus
ASUS P5B-V
ASUS P5B Deluxe
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe

Can someone also please explain to me the ASUS idea of this fanless design with stack cool and heat pipes??

i understand there are mobos from makers like gigabyte DS3 and DS4 for example and i suppose i could use one of those but what are the advantages of using these over asus because i really dont know.

The DS3 isnt as good as the P5B-E alltogether becuase it doesn't support RAID 5 or so. Still they both OC very well.

What about the DS4 is that better than the P5B-E?? And is there any point in getting a P5B-E Plus when comparing it to a DS4 or DS3?

I don't hear of the DS4 that much really. I don't think it's worth it to get the Plus. The P5B-E is an awesome board and overclocks awesome and has all sorts of cool features. It's an overall better board than the DS3 but of coarse about 25 bucks more as well.

Well looks like the ASUS P5B-E will be the board for me maybe. As the plus looks like overkill and the DS4 is more expensive but has similar features.

The asus heat pipes are supposed to capture the heat as it comes off the core and carry it through to the pipe and dissepate it, sorta like a heat sink. Not sure how effective it is tho...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom