E6600 vs E6700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
Well, there is a $200 difference. When i compare the products all I see is a slight difference in the stock clock speeds. I want to know why there is a $200 difference and if it's at all worth it to grab one of the 6700s instead of the 6600. Could I overclock the 6700 more then I can the 6600? I do plan on overclocking as much as I can with an aftermarket cooler (Arctic Freezer 7), but will I get substancial difference in performance with one or the other? (Or better overclock ability?)

Thanks much,

-Alex

The E6700 is a waste if you value your $200. You won't even notice the difference I bet and after overclocking, the difference will be even smaller (probably around 0.1ghz.) Anyways, sort of off topic, but with your budget, I think you should get a bit better cooler then the Freezer. Not that the Freezer is bad or anything but something like a Scythe Ninja, Scythe Infinity, Tuniq Tower would be wiser in my opinion. Or ****, maybe even water cooling if you're up to the task.

They both have about the same overclockability, but you won't see the difference. So get the e6600, and use the extra $200, towards something else.. I also think 4gb of ram is excessive for now, unless you really need them. I would of just got 2gb ram for now, and get 2gb later on, if needed. Wow you got some serious money, especially when you're SLIing 8800GTXs.

what ram are you buying???
according to yuor sig thats 230 bucks per 2gb pack why not save money and get the 160 buck set?
just my two cents

150 dollars for a case is ridiculous, no matter how much money you have.
unless it like, washes the dishes and does your laundry.
if so, that's a great bargain...and i may get one for meself....

if you spend 200 bucks for equipment helping you overclock,why don't just just use the 200 for a better CPU

I wouldn't pay 150 for a case really...the most I would pay is $120 for the Sexy Antec Nine Hundred that I drool over. But alas a good Full sized case is at least $130 starting with the Gigabyte Aurora so if you really want Full Sized you are going to spend that much. As for the E6700...it's a complete waste as it overclocks worse than the E6600 becuase of it's higher multiplier.

People who have the E6700 actually lower their multi to 9 so they can achieve a higher FSB. The only pro to it is it would run a tad cooler being better quality parts but thats nothing a good CPU cooler and good airflow cant handle. A few degrees are NOT worth 200+ bucks.

true enough about the full size case. i guess they can be pretty costly.
i suppose i just dont have enough stuff in my mid size to even consider having a full tower, but i see O.P. has way more stuff crammed in there than myself.
it still would be nice if it washed the dishes, tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom