overclocking stability problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
OK, so first I had the FSB at 287.5 to make it 2.3GHz, with voltages default. I used Orthos to test for stability. It ran for 8hrs straight no errors or warnings. Next I put the FSB at 300 for 2.4, and it froze at random times. So I upped the voltage on the VCore to 1.35v....still froze at random times. I did not run Orthos for this speed. What is weird is that, I then put the FSB to 312.5 for 2.5, and Orthos ran straight for 11hrs, with no errors or warnings. The voltages were, VCore set to 1.35v....I then proceeded to set the FSB to 325 for 2.6...VCore was 1.35v, and froze and rebooted at random times. So I upped the voltage on the northbridge from default to 1.39v. Same result...froze and reboot at random times. And when I tried to go back to, FSB: 312.5, it didn't post. I pressed the reset button...it then says system boot fail. So I load defaults, and then put the settings I did before, for 2.5GHz, because that was the last time it was stable. And now I don't what to do. Current is 2.5GHz, FSB at 312.5, VCore from default to 1.35v. I'm sorry for the long post, but I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Right now, all the voltages are on auto, except for the VCore, which is at 1.35v.
And the RAM divider according to CPU-Z, is 11:14.

Oh sorry, I haven't changed my sig. I'm trying to overclock. Currently the FSB is at 312.5 making it 2.5GHz. Only voltage change is on vcore, which is currently set to 1.35v from default. Everything else is auto. Memory divider is 11:14. I haven't touched the ram. I left it at 400mhz.

probably best not to set voltages to auto. is it possible to set them to manual, so they stay the same?

the 680i boards have nasty FSB holes, where it will be really unstable at a certain fsb, up it by 1, and it will be fine. maybe the 650i boards have the same thing.

does the board give you options to change the "FSB Voltage" as well as the MCH voltage? you could try increacing that a little. careful with the MCH though, the 650is get HOT. does it have a fan on it? can you touch the sink? (or, does the mobo give MCH temps?)

Yes, the BIOS does allow, to set voltages manually. The northbridge has two 40mm fans attached to it, blowing air into the heatsink. The average temp of the northbridge is 91-95F or 32-35C.

I don't see FSB voltage, all I see is
VCore (Currently 1.35v)
Memory (Auto)
NB Core (Auto)
VCore offset (Auto)
...for voltage control.

Are you on a 1:1 ratio do you know?

Is your FSB : DRAM running on it?

You may need to set your memory to 533 for it to keep it there so it doesnt go on some weird ratio.

It's 11:14.

untitled-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom