hard disk read/write head

Status
Not open for further replies.
then if
"with the PC on, the head is not parked
and the head is floating"

it is a bad idea to move the computer while it is on.

i would think the head only moves over the platters when it needs to. maybe if it's idle for a while the head will park themselves. or maybe they only park when windows using hard disk power save mode or hard disk power is cut off. is there a reason why you are so worried? if you have data you do not want to lose than copy them to another hard disk or burn to CD/ DVD

hey, what happens if you make your computer lean on its side and start it up, i did that once accidentally, i heard some noises

i was wondering if moving a desk top is not safe, cause it would upset the hard disk, then how come we can move around laptops. or do they have different hard disks in them? or turning the coin on its side, is that why laptops get broken more often than desktops(is that a fact??)

laptop have special 3.5" hard disks that can take greater shock. as far as I know they do not break more than desktops, maybe even less. when you turned your desktop on it's side maybe you had a CD in still spinning or it was a fan. a desktop hard disk can operated sideways I am sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom