Setting Up a Wireless Internet Networks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoWarrior

In Runtime
Ok, I One computer Right now thats connected to broadband (Cable)...

So, how would I go about having this computer giving two other computers internet connection wireless. Do you guys know of a link that can explain this if you don't want to explain it. I can get the MicroSoft's Wireless base Station MN-700 but what a Wi-Fi card that I'd have to get too for the computer to pick up the signals?

Thanks

you probably would have better luck in the networking forum, but I have a wireless network in my house with just two computers and a laptop. I'm using linksys products, and it is pretty self explanitory on stting it up. Check out linksys.com, they have a FAQ section I believe that shows you how to set one up.

you may also want to try some of the US Robotics 100 Mbps products. I bought mine from Tigerdirect.com, 40 bucks for the router post-rebate, 23 bucks for my pci card. on the other side of my house, on a different floor, through maybe 5 or 6 walls, i get a "Very Good" or "Good" signal all the time. Computer tells me it is connecting at 54 Mbps, but it is going faster than my hardwired computer ever went. When using my wireless network to transfer files directly over the wireless network, from one computer to the other, i have gotten speeds well in excess of 1 MEGABYTE per second. Excellent products.

Router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom